Skip to content
The Ontario HIV Treatment Network. Cellphone apps and intimate danger behaviours among males who possess intercourse with males
- Considering that the 1990s, homosexual and bisexual males who’ve intercourse with males have already been making use of information and interaction technologies, especially the world wide web and mobile smartphone networking applications for many different intimate purposes (1).
- Males whom choose finding lovers online, and also by expansion, males whom utilize mobile apps to get lovers, choose the privacy of this encounter, the capacity to test out their sex, while the simplicity of relationship with lovers (2).
- Although some research implies that searching for intercourse through mobile and internet platforms is connected with more high-risk behaviours than many other means of finding intimate lovers, other research suggests online sex seeking may subscribe to more behaviours that are protective.
- Because of the wide range of males who utilze the internet and mobile apps to look for intimate lovers, these platforms could be effective tools for training and HIV-STI prevention interventions (3).
- The net and mobile apps enables you to recruit and engage men that have intercourse with males in HIV-related research; nonetheless, scientists should become aware of the various faculties ( ag e.g., age, ethnicity, education) of people recruited through mobile apps versus more recruitment that is traditional. Continue reading “The Ontario HIV Treatment Network. Cellphone apps and intimate danger behaviours among males who possess intercourse with males”